What do you get teachers who teach well & impact your life? These teacher appreciation quotes can help!
SplashLearn: Most Comprehensive Learning Program for PreK-5
SplashLearn inspires lifelong curiosity with its game-based PreK-5 learning program loved by over 40 million children. With over 4,000 fun games and activities, it’s the perfect balance of learning and play for your little one.
Try for free
Teachers deserve our gratitude and respect. They dedicate their lives to teaching children and guiding them through life. In return, they receive little recognition.
If you want to show teacherssome love and motivation, consider these ways to reward them
- Send a card to the teacher you admire. Customize it according to their qualities, traits & the impact they have had on your life.
- If you just want to thank your teacher, then consider including a quote from the below list, which stands true for every great teacher.
- It’s important to thank your teachers. Whichever way you do this, make sure to follow through & express your token of love & gratitude!
100 Best Teacher Appreciation Quotes
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.”- Henry Brooks Adams
- “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “If you can read this, thank a teacher.”- American Proverb
Related Reading: Powerful Education Quotes for Kids
- “When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts.”- Dalai Lama
- “A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.”- Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
- “A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in the pupils.”- Ever Garrison
- “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
- “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.”- Carl W. Buechner
- “Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.” – Lady Bird Johnson
- “The great teacher is not the man who supplies the most facts, but the one in whose presence we become different people.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” – Karl Menninger
- “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” – Alexander the Great
- “The task of the excellent teacher is to stimulate ‘apparently ordinary’ people to unusual effort. The tough problem is not in identifying winners: it is in making winners out of ordinary people.” K. Patricia Cross
- “Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.” – Chinese Proverb
- “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.”- Albert Einstein
Related Reading: Thanking a Teacher Note: 30 Tips to Express Love for Your Teachers
- “Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of the individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me.” – APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Nine-tenths of education is encouragement.”- Anatole France
- “Being able to help someone learn something is a talent.” – Margaret Riel
- “A good teacher can inspire hope; ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” – Brad Henry
- “Summer vacation is the time when parents realize teachers are grossly underpaid.”- Unknown
- “Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system.” – Sidney Hook
- “Teaching is not just a job. It is a human service, and it must be thought of as a mission.”- Dr. Ralph Tyler
- “Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” – Japanese Proverb
- “Those who know do. Those who understand, teach.”- Aristotle
- “To teach is to learn twice.” – Joseph Joubert
- “What greater or better gift can we offer the republic than to teach and instruct our youth?” – Marcus T. Cicero
- “One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings.”- Carl Jung
- “When we strive to become better teachers than we are, everyone in our classroom becomes better too.”- Robert John Meehan
- “Great teachers empathize with kids, respect them, and believe that each one has something special that can be built upon.” – Ann Lieberman
Related Reading: Best Inspiring Quotes for Kids to Help Them Skate Through Life
- “Students don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.”- John C. Maxwell
- “Teacher appreciation makes the world of education go around.” – Helen Peters
- “Be a wonderful role model because you will be the window through which many children will see their future.” – Thomas Mckinnon
- “He who opens a school door closes a prison.” – Victor Hugo
- “The greatest sign of success for a teacher… is to be able to say, ‘The children are now working as if I did not exist.’” – Maria Montessori
- “I can’t believe I just saw my teacher at the grocery store! I thought she lived in her classroom! –Heidi McDonald
- “The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me.”- Fred Rogers (Mister Rogers)
- “Educators are the only people who lose sleep over other people’s kids.” –Nicholas A. Ferroni
- “Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.” – Jacques Barzun
- “Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us. Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives.” – Andy Rooney
- “Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths pure theatre.” – Gail Godwin
- “If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes.”- Guy Kawasaki
- “In order to be an effective teacher, you have to love your students as human beings, and you have to love teaching.”- Maribeth Sublette
- “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” – Solomon Ortiz
- “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” – Bob Talbert
- “One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” – Philip Wylie
- “When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.”- The Talmud
- “Teachers teach because they care. Teaching young people is what they do best. It requires long hours, patience, and care.” – Horace Mann
- “A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart.”- Unknown
- “Not all superheroes wear capes; some have teaching degrees.” – Unknown
- “It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.”- Unknown
- “Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students.”— Charles Kuralt
- “Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions.” – Unknown
- “If we teach today’s students as we taught yesterday’s, we rob them of tomorrow.”- John Dewy
- “Your heart is slightly bigger than the average human heart, but that’s because you’re a teacher.” – Aaron Bacall
Related Reading: Best End of Year Teacher Gifts to Thank Your Educators
- What a teacher writes on the blackboard of life can never be erased.” – Unknown
- “A teacher’s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.”- D. Martin
- “Teaching: the only profession where you steal things from home and bring them to work.” –Unknown
- “What a gift for any teacher to see the students smile and live up to their potential. That’s the reward. That’s humbling to be a witness to something like that.”- Mary Vallelonga
- “Cheers to all of the teachers who give out pencils every single day who know that they’ll never get them back.”- Unknown
- “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.”- Mark Van Doren
- “Don’t judge a teacher until you’ve walked a mile in her shoes.”- Unknown
- “I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession.” – John Wooden
- “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.”- Lily Tomlin
- “The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.” – Unknown
- “Teaching is more than imparting knowledge; it is inspiring change. Learning is more than absorbing facts; it is acquiring understanding.”—William Arthur Ward
- “Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.” – Josef Albers
- “Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together.” –Scott Hayden
- “The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see.”- Alexandra K. Trenfor
- “It’s the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom.” –Michael Morpurgo
- “Teachers appreciate being appreciated, for teacher appreciation is their highest award.”- William Prince
- “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.” –Joyce Meyer
- “The teacher … must have a kind of faith that the child will reveal himself through work.”- Maria Montessori
- “To this end, the greatest asset of a school is the personality of the teacher.” –John Strachan
- “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”- Phil Collins
- “The best teacher of children, in brief, is one who is essentially childlike.” –H. L. Mencken
- “Without teachers, life would have no class.”- Unknown
- “Good teachers are the ones who can challenge young minds without losing their own.” –Unknown
- “A truly amazing teacher is hard to find, difficult to part with, and impossible to forget.”- Unknown
- “The duties of a teacher are neither few nor small, but they elevate the mind and give energy to the character.” –Dorothea Dix
- “A teacher nourishes the soul of a child for a lifetime.”- Unknown
- “A truly special teacher is very wise and sees tomorrow in every child’s eyes.”- Unknown
- “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” –Colleen Wilcox
- “The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called ‘truth.’ –Dan Rather
- “In teaching, you cannot see the fruit of a day’s work. It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years.” – Jacques Barzun
- “In the classroom, you’re not just a teacher; you’re a dream builder.” – Unknown
- “Teachers plant the seeds of knowledge that will grow forever.” – Unknown
- “Teaching is not about answering questions but about raising questions – opening doors for them in places that they could not imagine.” – Yawar Baig
- “The influence of a good teacher can never be erased.” – Unknown
- “Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth.” – Helen Caldicott
- “The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself.” – Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- “The art of teaching is to teach, to teach well, and to teach even better.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
- “A teacher’s purpose is not to create students in his own image, but to develop students who can create their own image.” – Unknown
- “The influence of teachers extends beyond the classroom, well into the future.” – F. Sionil Jose
- “The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see.” – Alexandra Trenfor
- “Teaching is the only major occupation of man for which we have not yet developed tools that make an average person capable of competence and performance.” – Peter Drucker
- “Teaching is not about answers but about questions; not about knowing but about learning; not about the destination but about the journey.” – Glenn Doman
- “Teachers are the builders of tomorrow.” – Unknown
- “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” – Robert Frost
Related Reading: Best Examples for a Thank You Note to Teacher
How to Write a Thank You Message for Your Teacher in 3 Steps
If you want to write an appreciation message for your teacher (or your child’s teacher), there are some simple steps to follow:
- Start with a quote from the above list
- Personalize the second line to show the value that the teacher has added
- End with best wishes
Here’s an example for you to understand better:
Someone rightly said – “A truly amazing teacher is hard to find, difficult to part with, and impossible to forget.” I am so glad to have found a teacher like you, someone who inspires me to be better every day. I wish you everything you want because you truly deserve it!
Hope you’re able to write some great teacher appreciation messages and share them with your best & favorite teachers!
The world of education thrives on the dedication and passion of teachers, and expressing our gratitude through teacher appreciation words is a small yet powerful way to acknowledge their contribution. As we’ve explored some of the best thank you quotes for teachers and discovered many nice words about teachers, we are reminded of their profound impact on our lives. Their unwavering commitment to nurturing future generations is nothing short of heroic.
So, let us never underestimate the power of a simple “thank you.” These words of gratitude for teachers are a reminder that behind every successful individual, there’s often an incredible teacher who believes in their potential.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are some creative ways to use appreciation quotes for teachers in gifts or cards?
To use quotes for teacher appreciation creatively, you can incorporate them into personalized cards, write them on the cover of a notebook, or even engrave them on a custom gift. These thank you teacher quotes add a meaningful touch to your gestures of gratitude.
Why are quotes for teacher appreciation important?
Teacher appreciation sayings help us express gratitude and recognition for educators’ dedication and impact, fostering a positive atmosphere in schools.
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
As an expert and enthusiast, I have access to a vast amount of information on various topics, including teacher appreciation. I can provide you with insights and information related to the concepts mentioned in this article. Teacher appreciation is an important topic, and expressing gratitude towards teachers is a meaningful way to acknowledge their dedication and impact on our lives.
Teacher Appreciation Quotes
This article provides a list of 100 teacher appreciation quotes that can be used to express gratitude towards teachers. These quotes highlight the importance of teachers and their role in shaping the lives of students. Here are a few examples from the list:
- "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops." - Henry Brooks Adams
- "One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world." - Malala Yousafzai
- "A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others." - Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
These quotes emphasize the profound impact teachers have on their students and the importance of recognizing their efforts. By including these quotes in cards or messages, you can convey your appreciation and admiration for the teachers who have made a positive impact on your life.
Importance of Teacher Appreciation
Teachers play a crucial role in shaping the future of individuals and society as a whole. Expressing gratitude and appreciation for their hard work and dedication is important for several reasons:
- Recognition: Teachers often receive little recognition for their efforts. Expressing appreciation helps them feel valued and acknowledged for their contributions.
- Motivation: Teacher appreciation can serve as a source of motivation and encouragement. When teachers feel appreciated, they are more likely to continue their efforts to make a difference in the lives of their students.
- Positive Atmosphere: Recognizing teachers' efforts creates a positive atmosphere in schools and educational institutions. It fosters a sense of community and mutual respect between teachers, students, and parents.
Creative Ways to Use Appreciation Quotes
The article also mentions creative ways to incorporate appreciation quotes for teachers into gifts or cards. Here are a few ideas:
- Personalized Cards: Write a heartfelt message inside a card and include a teacher appreciation quote on the cover. This adds a meaningful touch to your expression of gratitude.
- Custom Gifts: Engrave a teacher appreciation quote on a custom gift, such as a pen, keychain, or plaque. This creates a lasting reminder of your appreciation.
- Notebooks or Journals: Write a teacher appreciation quote on the cover of a notebook or journal. This can serve as a daily reminder of the impact teachers have on our lives.
By using appreciation quotes creatively, you can make your gestures of gratitude more personal and memorable.
Teacher appreciation is an important way to acknowledge the dedication and impact of teachers in our lives. This article provides a list of teacher appreciation quotes that can be used to express gratitude. By recognizing and appreciating teachers, we create a positive atmosphere in schools and show our support for their important work. Remember, a simple "thank you" can go a long way in making teachers feel valued and appreciated.